9 Comments

1. Andrea Rifkin says

So happy that you were able to share and celebrate the family connection in such a strong way.

Perhaps you know this other Ottawa family, but back in the late 70’s (or it may have even been early 80’s) my dear cousin Simone Goldberg (nee Brightstein), only sibling to her younger sister Avril, selflessly donated her kidney to Avril, so that Avril could go onto to enjoy many more years and be spared dialysis for the rest of those years.

A beautiful story to share, now with the ease of a computer, but always with the heart and soul of the human condition.

2. Daniela says

May you both have a long ,rich, fulfilling life ahead of you. Thi sis what you owe yourselves and the world after this incredible journey.

3. Janice Cloth says

I was surprised to see this article. I am so happy that you and your brother are doing well! Thank you for sharing your experience!

4. Charlene says

Mazel tov to both of you I’m a organ donor. I donated my kidney to my dad 10 years ago. Organ donation works. Thanks fir sharing I did the donation in Ottawa Ontario.

5. Hindy messinger says

Unbelievable you guys are just the best
    As I am too a living kidney donor as of July 19 2016
    To a stranger I feel that if anyone can help just go a head

6. Sandra Robin says

I, to donated my kidney to my big brother one year ago. What an amazing, wonderful experience. To see my brother walk into my room one day after surgery looking so healthy, rosy cheeks and all was nothing short of spectacular. I urge everyone to sign their donor cards, get on a registry, donate life.
    All the very best to you both for a very long and healthy life.